Jan 4, 2016

Hello 2016! (My Resolutions)

While I was getting ready to write this entry, I decided to look back and see if I had blogged about my new year's resolutions last year. I did. And they were great. No, really. Completely in line with what I had planned for this year, but written much better. Yay last-year me! ;-)

But at the same time, it's not really a "yay" moment. Because if those were my resolutions last year, why are they my resolutions again this year? Apparently it's because I suck at keeping my new year's resolutions.

I thought about calling them something different. About doing a whole post on the difference between resolutions and goals. And then making goals instead of resolutions because maybe resolutions are just too much pressure. But that's a little ridiculous.

So, here are my resolutions for 2015. I mean 2016!

1) Be healthier
  • I want to eat better. I need to cook more meals at home, and I need to try to use healthier ingredients.
  • I want to drink more water. And not just drink more water, but less diet coke (sob) and less energy drinks. 
  • I want to move more. One ringette game a week does not do it. When the time comes I want to be able to chase my kids and play games with them without feeling like I'm going to pass out. 
2) Be organized
  • I want to do planning. I want to have meal plans and I want to have a plan for this space. At work I am a super planner, everything figured out down to the last detail, but at home I'm pretty much completely disorganized.
  • I want to keep my house clean & organized. If company were to show up unexpectedly I would be mortified. We're not dirty people or anything, but things are cluttered and things rarely go back where they belong when we're done with them. (True confession time, we basically live out of laundry baskets instead of putting our clean clothes in our drawers. So bad.)
3) Be disconnected
  • I want to step away from my phone more. I want to step away from the TV more. I want to step away from social media more. (That last one might seem odd considering I'm also wanting to blog more, but I waste so much time being unproductive when I'm online. I could spend half the amount of time and still get posts done and leave comments.) 
  • I want to read more, and I want to "wife" more. I want to spend quality time with my husband. I want to play games, I want to chat, I want to go for walks.

I guess my 2016 resolutions aren't exactly the same as my 2015 resolutions, but they're definitely close. Here's hoping I do a better job with them this year!

Do you make resolutions? Do you stick to them or do you find yourself making the same ones every year? (Or is that just me?)

Happy New Year!

xo,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to look into more recipes that require more than 4 ingredients. Haha. I would love to tell myself that I need to disconnect more, but that would just be lying to myself. Lol. It's hard when it's your job. Womp.

    ReplyDelete