May 11, 2015

Let's try this again!


I feel like life is finally starting to get back to normal so I'm going to try to carve out a little bit of "me" time each day for my blog. I had all kinds of ideas of the past two months so I'm hoping that a) I remember some of them since I didn't write anything down and b) I'm able to execute them the way I envisioned them while I was laying in bed, or in the shower, or on my commute to work. (The shower tends to be where I do my best thinking...)

One of the things that I'm really excited about is monthly guest posts I have lined up. Lauren, my best friend since forever has (finally!) started a blog. Lauren and I have been best friends since grade seven, despite being complete opposites in many ways. The biggest difference is that she's healthy. No, really. Lauren is a real inspiration when it comes to being active and eating properly. She is extremely passionate when it comes to fitness and eating properly and she's going to be sharing some of that passion over here once a month. I can't wait! (If you can't wait either you can check her out over at The Golden Graham Girl for now.)

 
Here's a quick snap shot of my week taken from my phone... 
1. The shower I was planning for my brother-in-law's fiancee finally happened on Saturday. Everything went really well, I was super pleased with how everything turned out. I'm actually planning a post about it because I stole a lot of great ideas off Pinterest that I want to share. 
2. It's finally barbecue season! We've had the longest winter ever but it's finally nice enough to barbecue. J made supper Saturday night as part of my early birthday present. 
3. I found a new summer-y "adult" beverage that I really enjoy. It's white peach and it's delicious. (PS: Doesn't my jamicure look fabulous? I recently started selling Jamberry and I love it!) 
4. Daisy has completely destroyed the back of our loveseat so this past week we finally went out to buy some new furniture. It's not being delivered until May 28th but I am so excited! I can't wait to actually be able to have company over again. 
5. My brother popped in for a visit and Daisy got so freaking excited. Uncle Jon is definitely her favourite human. 
6. Our passports arrived! J and I are leaving for our first big trip together in 28 days. We're heading to Washington, DC and West Virginia. I'm so excited! 

Hopefully you'll be hearing more from me soon. :-)

Mingle 240

post signature

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO passports. I live right outside DC and you are going to have a fabulous time touring the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited for our blogging joint venture! When do you want me to start??? And how exactly does it work...do I just send you the html file for my post, or what? (I'm hosted on WordPress...).

    P.S. I don't think it's "stealing" when it's Pinterest - that's what it's for, right? Sharing ideas? Like checking out @thegoldengrahamgirl on Instagram (#thegoldengrahamgirl) or @goldengrahamgrl on Twitter? Haha!

    ReplyDelete