May 18, 2015

Grateful for History

I am one of those incredibly lucky people who has had the same best friends since practically forever. And by forever I mean junior high. I met Jenn (who was my maid of honour at my wedding six years ago) on the first day of grade seven. She came right up to me (not shy my Jenn...) and told me she had the same shirt I was wearing. We've been friends ever since. (I still totally remember the shirt too. It was a cream coloured blouse with a vest attached. Made of rayon. My mother hated it.)  Kerry was Jenn's friend from elementary school and she and I didn't really become friends until grade nine when we ended up in a hotel room together on a band trip.
I have so many memories with these girls and on Saturday night I was lucky enough to make more. We all went out for supper together with our husbands. (It sounds so weird to say that, Kerry only got married about a month ago and this is my first time we've all gotten together since they got married.) We don't see each other nearly as often as any of us would like, but when we do get together there are never gaps in conversation and we laugh harder than should be possible. (I have to admit the conversations were a lot different with the guys around though!)

These girls were there for me when my brother was diagnosed with cancer and they were there by my side when I said "I do." I am so grateful to have them in my life. Our lives are all so different but we can always make time for each other. We decided this weekend to plan our first ever girls weekend away and I couldn't be more excited. I can't imagine a life without them in it - they remind me of who I am, and they made me who I am too.
Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment