Jul 11, 2014

July Goals

I just realized I never got around to posting my July goals! I've had this post half-done sitting as a draft for almost two weeks. Ooops!

July Goals 2014

1. Take my lunch to work at least three times a week. I managed to handle twice a week last month, so we're going to try for three this month. This is something I really need to do for my waistline and my wallet.

2. Try out four new recipes. I love barbecue season because J does all the barbecuing which means I don't have to do as much of the cooking. It makes me a bit lazy though, and it's not really fair to him, so hopefully if I'm thinking about trying new recipes I'll be more inclined to cook more dinners myself.

3. Try out a new (non-chain) restaurant/or eat from a food truck. This is probably going to be one of my goals every month. I really want to experience more of what Halifax has to offer in this area.

4. Take Daisy to the park. It's been so hot and humid that we haven't wanted to take Daisy too far or for any really long walks but we should be taking advantage of the fact that it's cooler in the evenings and staying light well after 8pm.

Daisy loves going to the park!
5. Set a house hold budget. J and I have talked about doing this a number of times, but we never seem to sit down and actually do it. I really think we need to though. We make enough money to easily cover our bills but most months we're struggling to pay everything because we've spent so much money on random things.

6. Save some money. Self-explanatory. And one that will show up every month.

7. Blog at least four times a week. This is another one that I think you'll find on my list every month. I want to  make blogging a habit and I think this is the best way to do that. I think if I made my goal to blog every day I'd either get discouraged or post a lot of crap. (Not that I post a lot of deep stuff as it is, but quality is somewhat important to me.)

Since July is the 7th month I'm going to go with 7 goals for this month. :-)

Do you set monthly goals? Do you find it helpful or do you get discouraged when you don't complete all your goals?

post signature



2 comments:

  1. I don't. I have too many 'have-to-dos' in my life anyway. I don't need more of them, and I know that I do my best all the time to accomplish what is good for me and the people around me, and I can't do more, no matter what goals I set. Other goals are always to try to take better care of myself, and to play more music, only because it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great goals Sara and you can do all them :) I think I need to make myself a goal list!

    ReplyDelete