Jun 9, 2014

Weekend Highlights

I had all kinds of blogging I wanted to get done this weekend, but that totally didn't happen. And not even because there was a lot of fun stuff going on. Friday night I was in bed early and Saturday night we cleaned the house and I baked a cake for my mother-in-law's birthday.

My weekend did have a few highlights though...

- I decided to sponsor my first blog! For the next month you can see my button over at ember grey. and I'm pretty excited about it. My blog is two months old today, so I thought it was time. :-)

- I was nominated for a Sunshine Award by Anne @ Love the Here and Now. I was super excited when I got her email. Now I have to figure out what 11 bloggers I'm going to nominate, answer Anne's questions and come up with my own.

- The birthday cake I made for my mother-in-law turned out, and everyone loved it. I was a little nervous because the last time I attempted to make a layer cake it was disastrous. (Ugliest cake ever.) This one was tasty and didn't look too bad. This weekend I'll be baking a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for J's birthday. Haven't decided if I'm going to try the whole "layer" thing again or not.


Lemon cake, blueberry filling, and blueberry whipped cream frosting.


Is it sad that 2/3 of the highlights of my weekend are blog related?

Have a great Monday!

post signature




3 comments:

  1. I am SO excited you decided to sponsor me, Sara!! Congratulations on your Sunshine Award! :) Can't wait to see your post on that. (Lemon cake is my ultimate fave... it's what we had for our wedding cake!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks terrific! I wonder how it would do in the mail if you sent me some?! :D

    ReplyDelete