Jun 24, 2014

Book Review; The One by Kiera Cass

The One by Kiera Cass (May 2014)

Goodreads says...

For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.

Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.

The breathtaking finale to THE SELECTION trilogy will make you swoon!


My thoughts...

The One was the final installment in Kiera Cass' "The Selection" trilogy. I re-read the first two books prior to starting this one because that's what I like to do with series. (Is that weird?) As a whole, I enjoyed the trilogy. I mean, who doesn't want the chance to be a princess? I really liked the America's character and her relationship with Maxon, and I felt like Cass did a lot with some of the other characters as well.

I cried more than once reading The One, but it definitely wasn't my favourite book of the three. There were a few things at the end that felt like they were added in for more drama as opposed to be relevant to the plot line. (I wish I could explain that further, but I still think it was a great book and I want you to read it so spoilers would be kind of rude.)

I think one of the true marks of a good book is wanting to know what happens after you finish the last page. I don't think that tying up every single loose end is always the right way to finish a series. I want to know what happens next. This book left me with questions at the end, and I like that.

If you're not burnt out from all the other YA trilogies floating around, I definitely recommend giving this series a try.

post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment